Thursday 14 August 2008

WHAT'S IN THE CUP?


I am constantly being asked questions about tealeaf readings people have done themselves. Usually they find the answers they are looking for once we have approached their question from several different angles.

Like the chair we move around the room until it not only looks right but feels right in the space. I thought it may be interesting to blog an example of this process when working with the leaves.


In a recent reading a dog appeared very close to the handle, the area representing family and friends. It was halfway down the cup to the right of the handle. Even though the dog was right of the handle, meaning an event or experience in the future, the dog was jumping anticlockwise, indicating departure.
The dog is a complex symbol; seen as a loyal, trustworthy friend, hunter, warrior or Anubis- conductor of souls to the underworld or the dog at the feet of the fool in the tarot card- ready to embark on new territory, are just a few examples.



So we have a dog leaving in the future. Let’s liken the dog to the chair we move around the room, by keeping an image of a dog in the mind and then letting go of it. During your day as random thoughts pop up you will find the right space for the dog.





From, I don’t own a dog, to, am I taking somebody’s loyalty for granted or am I ready for that quantum leap, thoughts will flow. Eventually the dog, like the chair, will be in the right space and the answer will feel right.





The French have a saying ‘to be comfortable in one’s skin’ I think that is how it feels when we have faced the answer to our question even if it isn’t always the one we want to hear.


FAIRY TEATIME TALES are published by www.bookguild.co.uk






1 comment:

LePa said...

Hullo! Last week, I saw the video of Amber McCaroll teaching how to do a tea leaf reading on youtube, and I've become interested in tasseography ever since.

I wanted to start a reading as soon as I could, so I thought of the first things I needed to do. The first thing that came to my mind was to gather the necessary things I needed for a reading: a cup, a saucer, a small spoon and of course tea. When I collected all of those, I followed every step on Amber McCaroll's video.

Here are the questions I'd like to ask:
1. I used a ceramic cup and saucer, so when I turned the cup onto the saucer, it produced this loud clinking sound which to me wasn't nice to hear. I thought the saucer got broken. It suddenly occurred to me to use a plastic cup instead. I know that it won't affect my reading, but I just want to know if there are tasseographic cups made of plastic? If there are, where can I buy them?

2. After I turned around the cup onto the saucer, a few symbols were formed on the inside of the cup. Amber said on her video that it'd be better to interpret the symbols on my own before I looked their meaning up in the dictionary of meanings. And I did just that. I agree with what Amber said, but how could I make my own list of interpretations for each symbol? Should I test the accuracy of each symbol by waiting and seeing if they'd happen in real life or not?

3. I also do Tarot reading. If a querent wants to ask a series of questions, a tarot reader can easily do his reading by laying his spreads one after another. This to me is not easy in tea leaf reading. Can I give a reading for a series of questions? Should I use the same teabag or a different teabag? Should I ask the querent to drink another cup of tea? How can I give a reading if the querent has many different questions? What's the easiest way to go about this?

Thanks a lot. Please enlighten me on my questions.